In view of the prevailing chaotic situation due to the outbreak of Covid-19, the Election Committee conducted a virtual scrutiny of the intending candidates.
New executive members of Manipur Students Association, Delhi (MSAD) on Sunday took oath with Kshetrimayum Julia, Delhi School Of Economics; Delhi University as the President of the academic session 2021-22.
In view of the prevailing chaotic situation due to the outbreak of Covid-19, the Election Committee conducted a virtual scrutiny of the intending candidates. Rest upon a diligent examination for eligibility of the applied posts, the above 9 candidates are found qualified for their respective posts. The oath taking was administered by Damudor Arambam, Advisor MSAD.
The senior members of MSAD and other advisors have also extended their heartfelt gratitude and warm welcoming speech for the newly appointed office-bearer of MSAD. Outgoing president Chingkhei Saikhom also shared his experiences of working in MSAD. The program was moderated by Sanayaima RK, Chairperson Election committee.
The elected office bearer of MSAD 2021-22 are:
1) Julia Kshetrimayum (President); Delhi School of Economics, DU.
2) Khangchrakpam Somenanda (Vice president) Zakir Hussain College, DU
3) Mohamad Salimudin (General Secy.); Jamia Millia Islamia
4) Lairenjam Patel (Organization Secy.); Miranda House, DU
5) Shaanba Arambam (Cultural Secy.) Shri Aurobindo College, DU
6) Lairenjam Priya Luxmi ( Finance Secy) Laxmibai College, DU
7) Thouba Thokchom (Public Relation Secy)Delhi College of Art, DU
8) Diana Khumakcham (Academic and magazine Secy.) Ambedkar University Delhi
9) Mohamad Sartaj Aziz, Delhi University
Speaking to the TFM Julia said that she is Ecstatic to be working as the 4th woman President in 50 years of MSAD. Irrespective of gender, it is a must to be responsible for what we aspire to do. The association is for the students & I hope we’ll be able to do something for the welfare of the students’ community with co-operations coming from everyone.
Somenanda, VP of MSAD further added they will work to uphold the legacy of student activism and also will try to bridge the gap between every community of Manipur.
With effect from this date, i.e. 17th April 2021, the Executive Committee shall start functioning and entrusted all the power and responsibility conferred by the Constitution of MSAD.New executive members of MSAD