To prevent the spread of fire to nearby houses, those who rushed to douse the inferno had also dismantled the neighbour’s house consisting of 3 rooms belonging to Mrs. K. Tiny, a widow.
TFM Ukhrul Correspondent
A fire that broke out at around 8:30am at Phalee Village, Ukhrul District, completely gutted down a dwelling house consisting of six rooms. The house belongs to RN. Luckson s/o Late. RN. Yarteo.
The fire was reportedly caused by an electrical short circuit. The incident happened when the family members were having early lunch in their kitchen. The house was jointly occupied by family members of Luckson, Somipam, Anthony and Lenin. A joint family of 4 brothers.
It is reported that the fire has completely engulfed the 6-room building recently constructed and turned it to ashes along with the granary which had 150 tins of paddy/rice, 1 shaktiman truck vehicle, 1 gypsy vehicle, 3 gas cylinders and cash and other valuable documents.
To prevent the spread of fire to nearby houses, those who rushed to the site had also dismantled the neighbour’s house consisting of 3 rooms belonging to Mrs. K. Tiny, a widow.
The raging fire was controlled by ingenious intervention of the villagers who began to dismantle the neighboring houses at risks and by using water. There is also a report that the Somdal Police had arrived at the spot to take stock of the situation, by the time the fire was already under control.
A team of Headmen and Chairmen of LM Sub-Division had earlier approached and petitioned the CM of Manipur for installation of a Fire Station at LM Headquarters.
Villagers are currently rendering all possible help to the unfortunate family members.