The decision was taken as the virulence of the Covid-19 virus continues unabated and the need for stringent measures to check physical contact amongst people still exists, said officials.
The Manipur government on Monday extended “curfew” being imposed in seven districts of the state from May 18 to May 28, restricting the activities to only few essential services. The decision was taken as the virulence of the Covid-19 virus continues unabated and the need for stringent measures to check physical contact amongst people still exists, said officials.
Curfew was clamped in Imphal West, Imphal East, Bishnupur, Thoubal, Kakching, Chuachandpur and Ukhrul for a week on May 11 for a week following the exponential increase in the number of infections in these districts.
A directive has been issued by Chief Secretary & Chairman, State Executive Committee Government of Manipur Dr. Rajesh Kumar to Deputy Commissioners and Superintendents of Police to take necessary action to enforce the curfew.
Permitted activities during the curfew include:
· All healthcare facilities, including animal healthcare, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes and movement of healthcare workers.
· All pharmacies, including those selling veterinary medicines.
· All persons going for COVID-19 vaccination, COVID testing and medical emergencies are exempted.
· All employees and personal staff working in Media, Power, Fire Service, PHED, CAFPD, Home, Health, Relief & DM, Forest, Environment & Climate Change, Finance and Treasuries and Police departments and District Administration are exempted (all other offices to remain closed).
· Only goods vehicles including those carrying construction materials, oxygen supply related vehicles, LPG and Oil tankers and vehicles of other essential services like Power supply, water supply, waste/garbage clearance, Public Distribution System, medical/covid services, electronic and print media, internet & telecom service providers and vehicles of personnel of departments/ organizations permitted to be functional.
· Opening of Petrol pumps and LPG outlets and movement of staff of IOCL will continue to be permitted. Imphal airport shall remain open and movement of staff and passengers will continue to be permitted.
· Hotels for lodging will be allowed to remain open with minimum staff. Restaurants to remain closed.
· Child Protection Services (Orphanages, Children Homes, Observation Homes, etc)
· Home delivery services under ICDS/ICPS (supplementary nutrition for children, pregnant 8& lactating mothers).
· Home delivery of various goods and services (food items, vegetables, groceries, medicines, etc) including e-commerce platforms.
· Banking services with limited staff on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10.00 AM to 2:30 PM for urgent Government and non-government transactions only.
· ATM services including refilling of cash in ATMs are allowed.
· Sale of fish feed, animal feed, milk and milk products, fish, poultry and poultry products from 7 Am to 2 PM for purchase by locals.
· Postal services with limited staff on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10.00 AM to 2:30 PM dispose of time-bound works including delivery of medicines and medical equipment.
Additional permissions and restrictions.
· Opening of local vegetable vendors from 7 am to 10 am for purchase by the locals on 20/05/2021, 23/05/2021 and 26/05/2021. The vegetable vendors should be seated at least 6 feet away from one another and should wear masks all the time.
· Only one out of three grocery shops of the total shops/vendors in one location shall be allowed to open on rotational basis from 7 am to 10 am on 20/05/2021, 23/05/2021 and 26/05/2021. If the shops or vendors are located in congested rows (on major roads like NH both sides may open), then only alternate rows shall be allowed to open. Queue system should be adopted by all shops and vendors.
· Strict ban on vehicular movement continues even during 7 am to 10 am. Three Ima Keithels, its adjoining markets and the local markets of Local markets at Khurai Lamlong, Andro Parking, Lambulane, Kongba, Pishumthong, Kwakeithel, Nagamapal, Singjamei Bazaar, Wahengbam Leikai and major other major markets in other districts shall remain closed.
For other nine districts of the State.
· The instructions issued on 07/05/2021 will continue with the following additional guidelines:
· Residents of the nine districts with no curfew (i.e. Senapati, Kangpokpi, Kamjong, Tengnoupal, Chandel, Pherzawl, Noney, Tamenglong and Jiribam) should not be allowed to travel to the seven districts where curfew has been imposed.
· Residents of the seven districts (i.e. Imphal West, Imphal East, Bishnupur, Thoubal, Kakching, Churachandpur and Ukhrul) where curfew has been imposed should not be allowed to enter the other nine districts.
· IEC activities to constantly remind the public of the need to strictly follow Covid Appropriate Behaviour should be taken up vigorously.
· Villages/ Leikais without Covid cases should be encouraged to display “My Village/Leikai is Corona Free” at the entrance of their village or Leikai.
· Deputy Commissioners should constantly monitor the spread of the infection in the district and areas within the district.